As soon as I stepped foot in Tokyo in 2008, I knew I had caught the travelling bug. I decided I didn't just want to travel I wanted to experience the world! The different cultures, the people, the sites and most importantly (to me) the food!

Recently I have started to develop an interest in photography and hope to improve my skills while doing what I love most.

Welcome to my journey........

Friday 12 November 2010

Certificate of UK residence

13.11.10I sent off a basic letter template to the tax office asking for my certificate of residence about 3 weeks ago and haven't heard anything back, so I've sent another letter today. I'll give an update when I hear anything...If I don't hear off them soon I'll phone them up.

I've read than if you move abroad for over 12 months that you don't pay UK taxes but I could be wrong.

21.11.10Spoke to a UK EPIK teacher (Thank you!!) who is already in Korea and she confirmed you don't have to pay UK taxes. Though you have to pay pension contributions, which as a UK citizen you can't claim back. You can get those transferred over to a UK pension when you leave but it can be alot of bother.

29.11.10Just phoned the dudes at the tax office up (after a 15 minute wait on the phone!) and they told me all you have to do is write a letter asking for your certificate. Mine was sent out on the 26th so it should get here soon :) I asked about leaving the UK for over a year and he said all you have to do is fill in this form... http://www.hmrc.gov.uk/cnr/p85.pdf

No comments:

Post a Comment