As soon as I stepped foot in Tokyo in 2008, I knew I had caught the travelling bug. I decided I didn't just want to travel I wanted to experience the world! The different cultures, the people, the sites and most importantly (to me) the food!

Recently I have started to develop an interest in photography and hope to improve my skills while doing what I love most.

Welcome to my journey........

Friday 8 October 2010

EPIK Interview

08.10.10

I've just had a email from footprints saying I've got an interview on Monday at 2.50am!! I've so nervous!! This weekend I'm going to prepare possible interview questions and practice speaking clearly. Fingers crossed ^-^

11.10.10
Had my interview last night at 2.50am! I thought they might ring late but the phone rang not one second past 2.50am!! After a quick dash to the phone, I heard a kind sounding Korean lady on the other end. I was so nervous throughout the whole interview and couldn't stop shaking >-< She asked me a few questions about my application (be prepared to say yes and no a lot!). Here are a few examples of the questions:

What do you know about the Korean Culture?
Why do you want to teach in Korea?
What do you know about EPIK?
Would you be happy co-teaching?
Why did you submit a lesson plan for this grade (I applied for SMOE)?
Questions about my private teaching in Japan (I made sure they knew it was legal!)
Cultural differences I had experienced in the past.
Cultural differences between Korea and the UK.

Some of the questions I had prepared, but for some of the questions my mind went blank. I did my best 'Queen's English' accent but one or two times my Midlands accent came through, but there is nothing I can do now. If I don't get hired because I'm not American there is nothing I can do but go to a hag-won. Be positive!!! :)

1 comment: