As soon as I stepped foot in Tokyo in 2008, I knew I had caught the travelling bug. I decided I didn't just want to travel I wanted to experience the world! The different cultures, the people, the sites and most importantly (to me) the food!

Recently I have started to develop an interest in photography and hope to improve my skills while doing what I love most.

Welcome to my journey........

Monday 5 March 2012

Seoul forest!

Yay! It's finally Spring! The weather literally changes overnight here! On Tuesday it was freezing, but by Wednesday, the sun was shining. Yay!!

Last Thursday (1st March) was a national holiday (I never know what the holidays are for ~ I don't even know half the British holidays are for to be honest). I decided to go for a wander. My friend had a idea of going to Seoul forest so off we went (after a lie in bed, naturally.....).

Seoul forest isn't really a forest. It is like a giant park with trees all lined up and a road running through the middle. It's great for familys but they should of called it a park.... The park for kids was one of the coolest I have seen for kids. It reminded me of Telford park in England. I saw some of my sixth graders (the cute ones).




It might look better in the summer when the trees have leaves and the "forest" didn't look so naked. We wandered over to see the deer. I was the most space I have seen an animal have since I have arrived in South Korea. It was nice seeing the deer and I think places like that are good for kids.





We wandered over to the insect section which had no insects but just a lot of plants and some animals that were in cages far too small for there size. It was free though. There was also a giant cage full of rabbits etc.



Yeah, there is not much to write as like I said above, Seoul forest is not a forest. We wandered along the river after and ended up drinking some beer/alcho pops by the river. Though the weather was sooooo good. It was beer garden weather in the UK <3














No comments:

Post a Comment