As soon as I stepped foot in Tokyo in 2008, I knew I had caught the travelling bug. I decided I didn't just want to travel I wanted to experience the world! The different cultures, the people, the sites and most importantly (to me) the food!

Recently I have started to develop an interest in photography and hope to improve my skills while doing what I love most.

Welcome to my journey........

Tuesday 20 March 2012

Seoul grand park

I went to Seoul grand park zoo this week. I am never going to a zoo in Korea again :/ The animals do not look healthy at all. Their fur is dull and the gorillas had loads of fur missing. Some animals looked like they had gone a bit mad. The worse bit was seeing the smaller moneys who were in a concrete cage with nothing to play with and no heating. They just all cuddled together in the corner. In about 5 cages there were wolves. In each small cage there was one wolf who wasn't moving as they had no-where to move to. They also did not have a pack (I think wolves are pack animals like lions but maybe I am wrong. Just what I saw on Nat geo wild). Also, people kept throwing junk food to the animals. WTF!? Yeah, lets get them sick!! Stupid idiots! Sorry for the outburst, but I get angry where animals are involved. If you can't look after them, then don't have them.
It probably isn't as bad as I am making it sound and there are probably worse zoos in the world. Some animals looked healthy. I just think for a developed country, they need to do more research in to the animals needs. Animals just seem  low priority here.... It cost 3000 won to get it. Which is nothing. If they charge even a bit more per ticket then they can provide for the animals better. At Chester zoo (In the UK) you expect to pay about 12-15 pounds (20-30,000won) I think. But I don't mind as the animals have stimulation to keep their minds working and they look healthy. They also have bigger cages.

I'll stop talking about this subject as I get angry ><. I will talk about the amount of people. You could not see the animals. Of course there would be children at zoos but there were thousands of them and their parents let them loose. Plus, the god dam pushchairs were everywhere. Instead of leaving the empty push chairs on the footpath, they used them to block the view of the animals. And at least three times I saw grown children over the age of 5 in pushchairs!! Are you kidding me?! They couldn't even fit in the thing. Either they came out the mums womb as a 3 year old or they have been taking steroids.

I know I am moaning lots and I like kids...but when their parents can control them. So, I guess I hate the parents not the children :).

On a funny note. We saw a Korean Barbie n Ken. She was one of those Korean girls who talks like a baby. Normally, I would ignore this even though it pisses me off, but the fact she was banging on the glass trying to wake the gorilla up annoyed me. The sign saying "Do not bang on the glass" was right in her view. As for her bf. He wore a thick layer of foundation. So much in fact, he had a foundation line. Plus he had eye make-up on! haha!

I'm in a moaning mean mood hahaha ^^

Pictures of some of the more healthy animals.....












No comments:

Post a Comment