As soon as I stepped foot in Tokyo in 2008, I knew I had caught the travelling bug. I decided I didn't just want to travel I wanted to experience the world! The different cultures, the people, the sites and most importantly (to me) the food!

Recently I have started to develop an interest in photography and hope to improve my skills while doing what I love most.

Welcome to my journey........

Monday 12 September 2011

Spending chuseok in Seoul

Now I heard it was impossible to get a train out of Seoul during chuseok. So this paired with the fact I was poor, due to spending a lot of money in China, meant I have to spend chuseok in Seoul.

I was invited to lunch at my friend Sally's house on Saturday. I have never been to Korean home before so I was looking forward to it. I brought a gift because it was chuseok. I was told your supposed to bring toliet paper when you first visit someones home, but I was told this on my way, so I didn't bring any.

Her mum cooked the lunch and it was so delicious. Her mum was so nice as well. It kind of made me miss home a bit.

On Sunday, I went to Suwon and was showed around by a friend I met over the internet, who lived there. I am glad I met him as the taxi queue was massive and I have no idea about the buses.

And guess what?! It rained! Of course it did! In Seoul there was no rain but in Suwon there was a downpour. I didn't mind as the friend I met over the internet ended up being a cute guy! And he said we should share his big umbrella (even though I had one!) bwhahahaha!

We went to Suwon Hwaseong fortress which is a world hertiage site. It is pretty cool (would of been better without the rain...). I actually realised after that I didn't get any pictures of the actual fortress only the surroundings... opps! I was too busy talking!

Anyways here are the pictures I did manage to take!

Suwon

Suwon

Suwon

Suwon

Suwon

Suwon bell

P.s. The journey to Suwon took well over 1.5 hours from my apartment!! So tired!

No comments:

Post a Comment