As soon as I stepped foot in Tokyo in 2008, I knew I had caught the travelling bug. I decided I didn't just want to travel I wanted to experience the world! The different cultures, the people, the sites and most importantly (to me) the food!

Recently I have started to develop an interest in photography and hope to improve my skills while doing what I love most.

Welcome to my journey........

Friday 2 September 2011

Work stuff

So on Monday, I was called over by the office manager. The old lady in our office was retiring, so the whole office was going to go on stage in front of the school (95 teachers) and sing.  
Now I can’t speak Korean and I CAN’T sing!!!!! >-< So on Monday and Tuesday we practiced singing. Luckily, I was next to two women who could sing well so I just sang very quietly mwhahaha. The office manager also Romanised the song for me ^^.
On Wednesday, we went to the ceremony. The vice principal was also leaving to become a principal in another school L. During the ceremony the lady from our office was presented with a medal and certificate sent from the president of Korea!!! We then sang on stage (I didn’t look up from my lyrics). 
I missed the second half of the ceremony as I had after school classesL . But we all went out for a work meal. It was then I finally got to see how many teachers work at my school! 95 or more!!!!!! Yea…. My school is pretty big!
Anyways during the meal a lot of the men ended up having red faces from the soju! ^^ My principal came over at one point and made us have a shot of soju. I was so nervous that I held the bottle wrong!!! >< Luckily, I remembered the other drinking customs, so he seemed pleased. There was also a karaoke machine that got messy! Haha!!
It’s funny because the next day everyone is so polite to each other as though nothing happened. Sometimes I love Korea ^^

No comments:

Post a Comment