As soon as I stepped foot in Tokyo in 2008, I knew I had caught the travelling bug. I decided I didn't just want to travel I wanted to experience the world! The different cultures, the people, the sites and most importantly (to me) the food!

Recently I have started to develop an interest in photography and hope to improve my skills while doing what I love most.

Welcome to my journey........

Wednesday 2 November 2011

Nami Island in Autumn

I went with my LE partner to Nami island. It started off a bad day as there were so many people everywhere (mainly adjummas and adjusshis!). I'm not even joking they were everywhere all in their hiking gear from head to toe. I have nothing against them except for that small majority of them that pushes people out of the way (because they are older, you know, therefore demand respect......blah). I'm pretty sure old people aren't this bad back home as they would be a fight breaking out every few seconds.

Anyways, we went to Nami island which turns out to be a couple island!! It was full of adjummas, couples and Japanese/Chinese tourist (there was a drama filmed there called winter sonata or summit...). I tried explaining to be LE partner that I don't understand why everyone goes to the same places at the same time here. Yes, it's beautiful but the amount of people ruins the atmosphere. But whenever I try to explain anything regarding Korea to him, he gets all defensive! I know England isn't perfect! I think a lot of things here are better than back in the UK. In fact things about the UK annoyed me when I lived then and when I said this to people they agreed or didn't upset. But here if you mention anything, it's like you insulted their mother.

Anyways Nami island had a massive queue just to get on to the ferry and some bitch pushed in front of us. Of course my LE saw no problem in this, as it is Korean culture. I on the otherhand wanted to punch her in the face and her bf when he turned up.

Nami island was beautiful despite the thousands of people on this small island. I like how everyone appreciates the season change here. They like to go for hikes when the leaves change color and have small tradtions for each season. For example, watermelon in summer.

Anyways pictures....
Nami island

Nami island
Nami island

Nami island

Nami island

Nami island

Nami island

Nami island

Nami island

Nami island

Nami island

Nami island

Nami island

Nami island





No comments:

Post a Comment