As soon as I stepped foot in Tokyo in 2008, I knew I had caught the travelling bug. I decided I didn't just want to travel I wanted to experience the world! The different cultures, the people, the sites and most importantly (to me) the food!

Recently I have started to develop an interest in photography and hope to improve my skills while doing what I love most.

Welcome to my journey........

Monday 13 February 2012

London baby!! 2012


During my stay in England, me and my mum decided to go down to London. My mum booked everything and I had to to just pay, which wasn't too bad.

The night before London I suddenly felt ill and started getting shivers. Now my mum as lovely as she is and everything, isn't very sympathetic with other ill people (even though she has something wrong with her every other week *cough... don't tell her I said that Tracey!!*). Her response was I should get over it and I better not give it her...... -_-. I would just like to mention, it ended up being a full blown throat infection when I returned to Korea..... Feel the guilt mum!!

I never really slept that night as I had hot sweats and shivers *urgh*. But the next morning we caught the train (just on time I might add as I took us to the wrong platform!). My mum was moaning about the train being too cold during the journey (and for the next 24 hours). To give her credit it was a cold train though.

The hotel my mum booked was right next to our station thank-goodness. We un-packed and my mum put the kettle on (she can't last a few hours without a cuppa). We had 4 and a half hours until we had to go for dinner before the musical. I had planned a route out which meant we could see most things but we had to walk a lot mwhahahahaha!! It was revenge on my mum for being mean the night before mwhahahahaha!! And there were no coffee shops anywhere along the way *double mwhahahahaha!!

We first caught the underground (I had to be careful of not saying subway. I have been using American too much since coming back.  I have to use it in the classroom in Korea for my kids to understand what the hell I am talking about!) to London bridge. To be honest London bridge itself, is well.... crap. It is just a boring stone bridge. But, I do recommend going as it offers amazing views of the Tower bridge. At least I can say I have been to London bridge now....




We then walked along the path down to the tower of London. The walk offers some amazing views of the tower bridge, the tower of London and the HMS Belfast (C35). The are also some pretty cool futuristic buildings.







We wandered over to the other side of the river to see the tower of London. To be honest everything is so expensive in London. England even! My mum had to pay 50p to go to the loo at one point!!! And I bet they weren't even nice loos!! Anyways, we didn't go inside due to time and money so we wandered around the outside taking pictures.




Somebody was worn out! Don't worry we still have a long way to walk...mwhahahahaha!!!

We then caught the underground (nearly said subway again!) to Westminster. By this point my mums needed her hourly fix of tea and the loo. But alas! There was no sit down cafes or toliets to be found mwhahahaha! We took pictures of Big ben, houses of parliament and the London eye and set off to Westminster.





Westminster was pretty cool. It was the first time I had seen it. Normally, I just see Big ben and Buckingham palace. It was full of tourist like myself :P. Again, we didn't pay to go inside.




My favourite picture <3 Sums up London

My mum was dying by this point (don't worry she found the 50p toliet as mentioned above) of thirst and her feet hurt!! She should of been nicer to me the night before mwhahaha! Anyways, we could of walked but I decided to be nice and we caught the underground the Buckingham palace. It wasn't that busy but people don't queue anymore! People were waiting to have their picture taken outside the main gates but there is always one who pushes in!!! Blah!






We then WALKED (mwhahaha) to Trafalgar square. But this was jusified as catching the underground would meant going back on ourselves. Plus, we walked that famous road up towards the palace.


Walking towards Trafalgar

We crashed at McDonalds for hot chocolates to warm up as we were freezing and shattered by this point. After a while we looked around Trafalgar square where there were free toliets to my mums annoyance :P.


The 2012 London Olympic countdown


We were going to see Shrek the musical (I wasn't happy when I found out but my mind was changed after watching it!) in Covent gardens. We got the the underground there (after walking 10 minutes trying to find one that was open as the one near trafalgar was being fixed). After wandering around for ages (my mum is sooooo fussy!!), we finally found a resturant that served something my mum fancied (cottage pie). the resturant we did find was sooooo good. The staff were friendly and it was nearly sold out. We were lucky to have gotten a table. We ordered out food and by this point my mum realised the time. We had half an hour until we had to be at the threatre. My mum asked the waiter how long the food normally takes and I think he rushed it for us. Oh my god! The portions!!! I was ill so I couldn't eat much but even if I was well i wouldn't of been able to eat even half of it! It was giant! The taste was amazing though.

In Covent garden market

After rushing our meals we got our tickets and went to the threatre (Not before my mums toliet break. She never actually needs to toliet, I swear. She just sees one and has to go just in case!!

But, OMG, how good is Shrek the musical. Some parts (any part with Shrek singing) made me sleep but everything else was great! The actor who plays Lord Farquaad was amazing. He is just so funny and he goes above and beyond in his acting. I think he was there to make the adults laugh. The costumes were fantastic and the dragon blows your bind. I would recommend this to anyone as it isn't just for kids. Far from it in fact. The only draw back was two seats in front of me was a huugh (wide as well as tall). So the kid behind him kept moving to see, so I was struggling to see and I think the woman behind me was moaning too. Other than that it was great!



Can I just say I hate Covent garden station! You have a choice of 120 stairs of queuing for the elevator.

No comments:

Post a Comment