As soon as I stepped foot in Tokyo in 2008, I knew I had caught the travelling bug. I decided I didn't just want to travel I wanted to experience the world! The different cultures, the people, the sites and most importantly (to me) the food!

Recently I have started to develop an interest in photography and hope to improve my skills while doing what I love most.

Welcome to my journey........

Monday 13 February 2012

Saying goodbye (again!) and back to Korea.

I spent my time in the UK relaxing, eating lots of British food, meeting friends/family and stocking up stuff to being back.

I met up with my old work mates from the council one day for lunch. They all looked fab as usual! I miss working with these girls as I would usually just laugh all day with them so work went so quickly. I also met up with Laura and Katy. I sadly didn't get to see them as much as I would like to but I am am happy to have caught up with them. We went for a 3 course meal which was so delicious!! >< After that meal, I became addicted to baileys ice-cream haha!


Laura ^^

With the lovely Katy <3

I also got to see my grandparents quite a few times, which was great. I love my grandparents and great-grandma so much, and when I left for Korea last time it was really hard. The second time around was just as hard. I half didn't want to leave. It sucked because when they moved back to my town last year, I moved to Korea!!

I also got to see Heidi and there was someone else... I have forgotten her name.... Oh yeah, AUNTY Tracey!!! Bwhahahahaha. I am going to be killed when Igo back to the UK :p. It was great seeimg them. They got me a bag of goodies which I am still eating! Yum yum! They came the same day as my mums new sofa. There was a bit of a panic that there would be nothing for them to sit on as the sofa didn't arrive until late afternoon. Then there was a panic the sofa was too big haha. But seriously the sofa is great!! So comfy! You can fit 6-7 people on there easily.

Henry enjoying the new sofa

Comfy!

That was one of the most fun weekends since coming here as my nan and grandad came over and my mum and aunt are so funny together. It's just funny watching them together! ^^

In my last few days, I met up with Donna and Lisa (and the cute Rhys!) for coffee!! Seriously, he is the cutest 3 year old ever!!! ><

I also met with Charlotte and Ella-rose for a carvary! So delicious!! It was nice just catching up with her. She has been one of been my closest friend since year 9. We have had ups and downs like every friendship but now we are older (prehaps not wiser haha) I feel we are closer than ever! I will really miss her :(. Though I will be back one day and I am lucky with my friends as everytime we meet up it feels like not a day as passed.

I just wanted to say thanks to everyone for making my trip so welcoming and unforgettable! Love you all <3

Anyways (I use anyways a lot!), moving on from the mushy stuff. I didn't forget to stock up on food before I left. In fact most of my suitcase was full of food.



My trip to the airport was un-eventful! The food on the plane was disgusting to say the least. I couldn't eat any of it on the short journey to Helisinki. At Helsinki the food was expensive and not that much better. By the long flight I was ready for food but that was disgusting! So I nibbled on my bread roll.  It was the long haul flight that I got sick. I got I full blown migraine so I spent 90% of the journey under my blanket looking weird to anyone who passed my seat. By the second meal I couldn't eat and was sick (thankfully my seat was next to the toliets!). I have seriously have never been so grateful for a journey to end.

So yeah! That was my vacation! Not exciting but I am happy I went back to see that everyone is well :) and to give my mum peace of mind haha.

No comments:

Post a Comment