As soon as I stepped foot in Tokyo in 2008, I knew I had caught the travelling bug. I decided I didn't just want to travel I wanted to experience the world! The different cultures, the people, the sites and most importantly (to me) the food!

Recently I have started to develop an interest in photography and hope to improve my skills while doing what I love most.

Welcome to my journey........

Wednesday 8 February 2012

Off to to see the family! England 2012

I went back to my hometown in the UK for my holiday. My suitcase was empty on the way there as I wanted to fill it with food for the return journey hehe :P. So I left around 5am!! Ouch!! But the journey only has one transfer so it's not too bad. After check in, I naturally went to duty free as I always save up money to treat myself to some make-up <3. I ended up hungry in starbucks, so I ordered some food and a chai tea latte, which I have become addicted to thanks to my friend Julia ;).



Oh I forgot to mention the best bit. For the first part of my journey (the 9 hour flight) I had been upgraded to a business class seat!! You know! The seats that lie down and everything!! I still couldn't sleep though haha. I never can sleep on planes. Luckly, I ate before as the food on Finair is pretty crap. Turns my stomach thinking of it.

There were some good movies, but as they normally change the movies month to month and I was returning in February not January, I thought I was safe to watch them all. How wrong I was!! On the return journey I was ill so it doesn't matter. Though I am skipping ahead here haha.

Oh! I forgot to mention about the air hostress! If you ever watched when the little Britian guys made the program about the airports and there was the first class airhostess which was snobby to economy passengers. Well, our air hostress was the same. In her section, I think it was only economy passengers and only one business class passenger. If any of us asked a question she pulled a face but she kept going up to the business passenger and asking if he needed anything while throwing everyone else dirty looks haha!!!

My transfer airport was cool. It was Helsinki! It felt like a winter wonderland!! Snow everywhere!!! Plus it had free wi-fi. Again, the food selection sucked!!


The second part of the journey was worse even though it was only 2.4 hours! I was next to these women from the UK. One in particular did not shut the hell up for the whole journey. She moaned about not having a tv (for a 2 hour journey!!). Then she moaned about the food (yeah it sucked, I give her that). But after listening for a while (you couldn't help but listen at her volume) it turned out it was a company trip so I doubt she was even paying.

Anyways, I arrive in Manchester on time. I had told my mum not to come after the Heathrow incident (running across the banister, having a panic attack etc...) haha. By the time I arrived at my parents home I had not slept for 24 hours but my dad had to give me a tour of the new house and how to turn the heating on etc.....

No comments:

Post a Comment