As soon as I stepped foot in Tokyo in 2008, I knew I had caught the travelling bug. I decided I didn't just want to travel I wanted to experience the world! The different cultures, the people, the sites and most importantly (to me) the food!

Recently I have started to develop an interest in photography and hope to improve my skills while doing what I love most.

Welcome to my journey........

Tuesday 22 February 2011

6 meals, 9 bites and 24+ hours later...It's orientation day 1!!

I've finally arrived in Korea. Forgive me if this blog is messy but the room is spinning from the lack of sleep.

So my journey started at 8:00 yesterday morning. I woke up quite easily, which was surprising. I had breakfast (meal #1) and got ready to leave at 9am for Manchester airport. At the airport they wanted to know why I didn't have a return and then they didn't trust my visa!!! After all the drama I made it though to departures and waited and waited and waited. There was only 4 flights that day I swear! The place was dead. I had lunch (pizza #2) as they won't serve lunch on the plane as it was leaving at 2pm (I thought!)

Flight went on time (It must of been a quiet day) and I booked super seats for my flights. You know, the seats before the exit where you can put your seat back without worrying who is behide you. I shouldn't have bothered booking seats as the plane was as dead as the airport and only 1/4 of the seats were taken. I sat myself down and straight away I spotted it. The mosquito!! And it had it's eyes on me!! I thought I killed it about 5 times but I didn't as I started itiching and keep finding bites. This would be bad enough but my arm or leg sometimes swell up from the poison and I can't have tablets because I have a drug test on Thursday!! I had lunch and a sandwhich, why I don't know. (meals #3 & #4).


On a different note, Qatar has crap movies- FACT! I ended up watching a Chinese movie and a Korean movie as the western movies were so blooming rubbish.

Anyways...I got on to my second flight okay. DOHA airport is one big duty free shop and I had no Doha dollars or whatever the currency is.  Second flight had creepy old man who turned out to be creepy snoring old man as he snored for 90% of the flight. Now there is snoring and then there is whatever tht man was doing. Blowing a fog horn? I don't know but I could hear his piggy noises though my ear plus and he was 3 seats away from me!! By the way this flight was as dead as the last. I think I managed 1 hour of sleep but I don't remember...

Meals #5 & #6 eaten. How come all my starters taste like coleslaw?? :s

I finally made it to the airport alive and 1 stone heavier than when I left. I swear I'm not as young as I used to be. This journey took it out of me and I got a few more white hairs to prove it.

So here I am in Korea. I've just had my first shower... its a seat with a hose and there is fosted glass in between the showers. O yeah, and no where to put your clothes but the out side the showers and I am not getting naked in front of anyone!!!

My spell check isn't working with this internet so excuse me for the poor spelling but I'm tired!!

It's 8.30pm and I want my bed.... :( Night!


No comments:

Post a Comment