As soon as I stepped foot in Tokyo in 2008, I knew I had caught the travelling bug. I decided I didn't just want to travel I wanted to experience the world! The different cultures, the people, the sites and most importantly (to me) the food!

Recently I have started to develop an interest in photography and hope to improve my skills while doing what I love most.

Welcome to my journey........

Friday 25 February 2011

Day 3 at Orientation

Sorry, this is a day late! I was busy last night!!
Woke up at 6.45 (getting later!) and realised there was no breakfast today as it was medical test day. No-one could eat or drink from after 9pm yesterday until after the test today.  Luckily I’m in class 1 so we were first to take the test.
 First we needed to give them a urine sample. Not an easy feat after not drinking for 12 hours. Then off to have our weight and height taken. Eye test, dental check and hearing test followed. Then off for a basic medical test where the doctor told everyone that they needed to exercise more. We had our blood pressure checked then had blood taken. I never knew I had so much blood in me! X-ray on a bus came last. Finally we could eat and drink!!! I had something which said bread but tasted like a victoria sponge cake and an orange juice.
After the medical test we had some free time so I joined a group of people and went to a cafĂ© for food!!! I had waffles and a green tea Frappuccino (I don’t know if this is spelt correctly). The Frappuccino was cold!!! It’s not warm here and I was looking forward to a nice hot drink >-< But you live and learn, and I’ve learnt Frappuccino’s are cold drinks.
Finally had a tablet for my bites and the swelling seems to be going down (still itchy). I’ve also realised that Korean food keeps you fuller for longer. Either that or the portions at the orientation are bigger than I’m used to (the plates are massive!!). So I’ve not snacked (except the waffle but I hadn’t eaten for 12 hours) since I’ve been here.
Lectures weren’t too bad. One of them was quite funny in fact, but I’m dreading tomorrow and Saturday as they will be full of lectures. The Korean lesson was hard!! My brain was a big mushy mess after but hopefully I can improve a bit more tomorrow. And finally…I did my lesson plan for Monday or Tuesday (Forgot) with my team member. We will probably have to go over once more before submitting it but we spend two hours on it until 10.30!! Anyways I’m off to have a shower! Bye!


No comments:

Post a Comment