As soon as I stepped foot in Tokyo in 2008, I knew I had caught the travelling bug. I decided I didn't just want to travel I wanted to experience the world! The different cultures, the people, the sites and most importantly (to me) the food!

Recently I have started to develop an interest in photography and hope to improve my skills while doing what I love most.

Welcome to my journey........

Wednesday 23 February 2011

Day 2 at Orientation

Woke up at 5.30 due to jet lag and banging doors (seems I wasn’t the only one who wasn’t used to the time difference). Had breakfast which consisted of chicken salad and wedges….So weird. I then went for a walk outside the building with my roommate Kao. It was 9am so it was dead as nothing opens until 10am! First lesson at 10am covered what we will be doing for the next 10 days. Lunch was a mixture of Korean foods and we had our first taste of Kimchi. We also used those metal Korean chopsticks for the first time >-< And my hands all swollen so it makes it even harder! In fact my whole right arm and hand is swollen. Plus a finger on my left hand!
After lunch we had the opening ceremony with some high school boys playing the traditional drums (I don’t know the proper name for this…..). We had 2 lectures about Korean life and working for SMOE. We opened a bank account in between all this but all we had to do is write our name and sign. As Alexander the meerkat would say ‘Simples’.

Dongdaemun gate

Dongdaemun gate

Hyehwa

Hyehwa


Tonight, we walked around then caught the subway to somewhere else (I don’t know!! I’m new here!!). It was great seeing Seoul at night as it is much busier and brighter. I’m sure Seoul comes alive at night. Maybe they are all vampires?!?!

No comments:

Post a Comment