As soon as I stepped foot in Tokyo in 2008, I knew I had caught the travelling bug. I decided I didn't just want to travel I wanted to experience the world! The different cultures, the people, the sites and most importantly (to me) the food!

Recently I have started to develop an interest in photography and hope to improve my skills while doing what I love most.

Welcome to my journey........

Sunday 27 February 2011

Day 6 Orientation

Woke up at 5.30 (I blame the sugar on my cocktails last night!) and couldn’t get back to sleep L Ended up going to breakfast instead of eating my 1,000 won cookies. Our cultural trip got cancelled due to the weather so we spent the day inside. We first dressed in traditional Korean clothes and then learnt how to do a Korean bow. I ended taking mine off early, due to nearly breaking my neck in it about 5 times. There were these two Korean children in traditional clothes. They were sooooo cute! ^-^ We got to try traditional Korean sweets during the break which included rice water. After the break we had to watch these longgggg videos about Korea. Some of them went on about Korean construction abroad, which had no relevance to anything.




 For lunch we went to a traditional Korean restaurant which was Jjimdak (boiled chicken in Soya sauce with glass noodles). It tasted soooo good but it was so hard to eat. The chopsticks were a more heavy metal than we have at the orientation cafeteria and you try eating chicken on the bone with chopsticks, impossible! >-<  We also had this guy at our table just staring at us while we ate and even asked for the bill whilst I was still eating!
In the afternoon we prepared our lesson plan then went to go watch Nanta . It was fantastic! We all laughed at the way through and the actors are so talented. I would watch it again in an instant. Plus, ladies, the men have 4994754948 packs! I have never seen so many muscles!
Lesson presentation in 1 day!! Arghhh

No comments:

Post a Comment