As soon as I stepped foot in Tokyo in 2008, I knew I had caught the travelling bug. I decided I didn't just want to travel I wanted to experience the world! The different cultures, the people, the sites and most importantly (to me) the food!

Recently I have started to develop an interest in photography and hope to improve my skills while doing what I love most.

Welcome to my journey........

Friday 12 October 2012

Tian Tan Buddha (Giant Buddha), Lantau Island


Giant Buddha

On Monday morning, we decided to go to Macau. We had totally forgot about the public holiday so when we got there at 9.30am the boats had already sole out until 12.40. Since it was only going to be a day trip, it didn't seem worth it. Therefore we decided to go the next day and do what we had planned for Tuesday.

We headed up to Tian Tan Buddha on Lantau island. On the train we realised it was going to be busy but nothing prepared up for the 2-3 hour queue that lay ahead. I really don't know how long the queue was as I zoned out after a while. That was until this Chinese lady zipped until the tape in front of us. It looked like she was looking for her family so that was okay. But then her family walked along the barrier and tried to push in front of us with her. I was like hell no. So they went to the lady in charge and they must of told her that that lady had saved their place in the queue. THE LADY THAT PUSHED IT THE QUEUE!!!! I am still angry about this. There was also these two English cows that pushed in front of someone. It really makes me angry. The fact most people are polite and wait and then there is always someone who queue jumps.

Cable cars


By the time we got on the cable car we were tired. We decided to just see the Buddha then run back to the cable car before the queue got big on the way back.

In Lantau island there was hundreds of people (with hundreds still waiting the other end to come over). So we walked (quickly) up to the Buddha to take photos. The Buddha is beautiful and you can see all of Lantau island up there. There is no cost for the Buddha but you have to pay for the cable car and to go in the Buddhas head. We didn't go in the Buddha's head.

 
Giant Buddha

Lantau Island

Giant Buddha

Giant Buddha


There is quite a lot of stairs up to the Buddha which would my mums nightmare haha. These was two overweight Europeans in front of us and the guy sounded like he was going to have a heart attack.

There was no queue on the way back so we didn't have to wait. Thank goodness!

I will just warn you not to go on a bank holiday!!!! ><

That queue!

No comments:

Post a Comment