As soon as I stepped foot in Tokyo in 2008, I knew I had caught the travelling bug. I decided I didn't just want to travel I wanted to experience the world! The different cultures, the people, the sites and most importantly (to me) the food!

Recently I have started to develop an interest in photography and hope to improve my skills while doing what I love most.

Welcome to my journey........

Thursday 4 October 2012

Victoria Peak, Hong Kong

On Sunday night, we ended to Central to catch the tram to the peak. We expected a queue but it didn't prepare us for what we found. The queue was over two hours just to get up. Luckly, we over heard a man talking about the taxi price. It is 40 HKD each one way on the tram. For a taxi it was 50 HKD for all of us. We hopped in a taxi and the taxi driver was laughing to us about the people waiting for the tram. He didn't understand the big fuss. But, I think most people don't realise how cheap the taxis are.

I expected a veiwing platform up at the peak but it was just a giant mall with a platform. It was strange. I would of preferred just a platform as you could have picnics up there etc, but it was just one big mall. We got some good picture though, considering it was very foggy that day.


Hong Kong

Hong Kong

Hong Kong

Hong Kong
We left after night via bus 1. I recommend going up and down via bus and taxi, as from what I have heard the tram is not worth waiting two hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment