As soon as I stepped foot in Tokyo in 2008, I knew I had caught the travelling bug. I decided I didn't just want to travel I wanted to experience the world! The different cultures, the people, the sites and most importantly (to me) the food!

Recently I have started to develop an interest in photography and hope to improve my skills while doing what I love most.

Welcome to my journey........

Thursday 21 July 2011

The largest man-made waterfall in Asia

Yesterday, I discovered the largest man-made waterfall in Asia is behind my school. 5 months working here and I didn't have a clue. Could be worse. One Korean teacher as been here 3 years and never been. Anyways, we all decided to go there as we were fed up of desk warming. Laura's dctionary- Desk warming - The need for teachers to stay at school even though there are no lessons and they have no work to do.

It was really bizzare watching it be turned on. One minute there was no waterfall then at 12noon there was water everywhere!

Before


After


The waterfall was nice, but they could of spent more time making the pool at the bottom less man made looking! It looked like an outside paddling pool.






We ended up being out for about 2 hours and grabbing some fast food for kimbap heaven on the way back (no school lunches this week! :'( ).

If you want to visit the waterfall. It is at Yongmasan station exit 2. Beware it is only turned on a few hours a day though ^^ It was turned on at 12-2pm the day we went (Wednesday).

No comments:

Post a Comment