As soon as I stepped foot in Tokyo in 2008, I knew I had caught the travelling bug. I decided I didn't just want to travel I wanted to experience the world! The different cultures, the people, the sites and most importantly (to me) the food!

Recently I have started to develop an interest in photography and hope to improve my skills while doing what I love most.

Welcome to my journey........

Saturday 9 July 2011

Scary taxi ride

Me and Melissa had the creepiest cab driver ever. We got in the taxi and turned around and asked if we were 'Russian'. Now I read a story online about cab drivers asking girls if they are Russian and offering a free cab ride for sex (why would anyone accept this?!). My friend didn't understand him but I knew what he was asking so I made sure he knew he knew were were English and Canadian. He repeated the question so I told we were teachers.

The cab ride was awakard at this point (If I was alone I would of got out). He kept making noises to bring attention to himself and looking back at us. Now I was dressed like no hooker!!! My dress was to my feet!!!! So I don't know why this is the 3rd time I have been asked if I'm Russian! (the other times I was wearing trousers and a top to my neck).  I'm not saying all Russians in Korea are hookers but there are quite a few sex Russian clubs/bars. He also kept turning the air con up so it was freezing!!

I think if either me or Melissa were in the cab alone then you might of not seen us again (except on the news). I don't think I'm getting a cab by myself here again for a long time!

No comments:

Post a Comment