As soon as I stepped foot in Tokyo in 2008, I knew I had caught the travelling bug. I decided I didn't just want to travel I wanted to experience the world! The different cultures, the people, the sites and most importantly (to me) the food!

Recently I have started to develop an interest in photography and hope to improve my skills while doing what I love most.

Welcome to my journey........

Sunday 14 August 2011

Beijing day 1


For my second day I went on my first tour of the week. We first saw the Tian’anmen square (from afar) then went in to the Forbidden city. I really didn’t think it was that huge!! We spent 3 hours looking around and didn’t see everything. Our tour guide told us it was called the Forbidden City as in the days of the Emperor, people weren’t allowed in and people weren’t allowed out.  She also told us the emperor had about 200 beautiful women in the palace (he makes Henry 8th look like a good boy). Other males who lived in the palace had to have their pee pees cut off :O
Forbidden City


Forbidden City

Forbidden City


Forbidden City

Forbidden City


We went to a Chinese medicine place where doctors could tell our health conditions by checking out heart beat etc. I was okay luckily as some of the herbs were expensive.
Next was the temple of heaven ^^



Temple of heaven


We had lunch at a restaurant. I was expected rice or sandwiches so I was shocked we had a buffet.  It tasted soooo good! After, we went to the temple of heaven. See pictures ^^ I started getting worn out by then.


We popped in to a spring water pearl factory. Of course they always try to sell you stuff on tours. I ended up buying some jewellery for 650yuan and some pearl cream for 200. I thought since it’s so cheap I should treat myself ^^

Lastly we went to the summer palace. Boy was it busy. It seemed this part of the tour was rushed and we didn’t get to see inside the palace. We went on a boat across the lake for 20yuan though which was nice. I actually didn’t like the tour guide on this tour.
so busy!


Summer palace





I then went to have Peking duck with some tour group members in the evening as we all were in nearby hotels. It was so tasty. The restaurant is quite famous so it was a bit dearer than my previous night’s meal (25yuan) at 300 yuan each but was worth the experience of having proper Beijing Peking duck.



Prices in Beijing-

Water 2-3yuan

Subway – around 2yuan

Airport subway- 25yuan

Street food – around 5+ yuan

No comments:

Post a Comment