As soon as I stepped foot in Tokyo in 2008, I knew I had caught the travelling bug. I decided I didn't just want to travel I wanted to experience the world! The different cultures, the people, the sites and most importantly (to me) the food!

Recently I have started to develop an interest in photography and hope to improve my skills while doing what I love most.

Welcome to my journey........

Wednesday 17 August 2011

New and old Beijing


Did I mention how crazy drivers are here?! They make Korean drivers look safe!!!! Trying to cross a road is a nightmare.

Today is my third day in China. I booked another tour to see other sites in Beijing. First we went to the panda house in Beijing zoo. There were some baby pandas that are so cute! They were play fighting! I’ll upload my video to you tube account asap. We then rode over to the birds nest aka the Olympic stadium. Opposite the stadium is a 7 star hotel!! I never knew you could get that many stars haha.


Birds nest


7 star hotel


After we went and looked around the Lama temple. See pictures
Lama temple






We went to a Tea house to try the different traditional Chinese teas. I ended up buying some as I’m British so I naturally love tea.  We also got a free pee pee boy. You use him to test if your water is hot enough. If it’s hot, it pees, if not …well it doesn’t (I think that’s the right way round).



Just before lunch we got to go in to the hutongs around the old part of Beijing and have lunch in a Chinese home cooked by the family. The food was so delicious. We all wanted cooking lessons. Finally we looked around a china factory before heading back to our hotels.





After an hours break I went to watch the kung fu show. It was really good. I think it’s good for both men and women, as it has a story but it also has awesome kung fu moves, and which guy doesn’t secretly wish he was a kung fu master . All the guys were monks and I felt like I was watching a live action movie.




If you want to book any tours in Beijing I went with www.tour-beijing.com which was a good price for what you get for your money. I think most money is made on commission but I don’t mind as everything is cheap.

No comments:

Post a Comment