As soon as I stepped foot in Tokyo in 2008, I knew I had caught the travelling bug. I decided I didn't just want to travel I wanted to experience the world! The different cultures, the people, the sites and most importantly (to me) the food!

Recently I have started to develop an interest in photography and hope to improve my skills while doing what I love most.

Welcome to my journey........

Wednesday 17 August 2011

Shanghai

I’m sick…… the cold that has been creeping up on me for weeks has finally decided to pop up. I feel it’s only to get worse -_- I’m a bad sick person as I mentioned before as I feel sorry for myself and I want no-one near me.

Well it’s only popped up in the last hour so today I was fine and I went to do tourist stuff like take photos and buy gifts (for myself mwhahahaha).

So I slept in today (though my body naturally woke up at 8am god dammit!) I left my hotel and walked to ‘the Bund’. Big mistake in my new sandals! Oh how they rubbed!! I have two blisters to show for it. So I took photos at the bund and took photos for people in exchange for taking mine. Though they didn’t mention my hair looked like something out of ‘There’s something about Mary’.
Shanghai

Shanghai

Shanghai


I caught the subway back to my hotel (one stop) due to blisters and I the fact that I forgot to put sun cream on. After getting changed (I have never sweat so much! I am sweating from places I didn’t know you could sweat from!) I went to ‘Old town’. I have never got so lost. I was looking at my ipod (thank you lonely planet eBook maps) and nothing was where it was supposed to be. I couldn’t even find the bloody tourist centre. I did happen to just come across 3 places I was looking for by chance. The first was maybe ‘old street…’ , the second was Yu’yuan gardens and the third was a traditional tea shop/café.
Tea house





Old town








I brought so much in old street. I am dreading looking at my bank statement….. It was so busy but in a good way.
In the afternoon I went to Shanghai museum. Some girl wanted to take a picture with me which was weird, so I declined. Instead I offered to take a picture of her and her friends together. I am feeling very big headed here. I have been told three times now that I look twenty! Mwhahaha. In Korean people can tell my age but here I am young. I am seriously considering moving here now haha. Plus no one seems as obsessed with beauty here as they are in Korea. Women seem more relaxed.







I came back to the hotel and decided to treat myself to a foot massage. I even got a foot scrub and they got rid of all the dead skin on the soles of my feet (poor guy though I think he punished me during the massage). The massage was a fiver and the scrub was 2 quid. I will be back for more….

Dinner was awkward as I was the only one in the hotel restaurant. How late to people eat?! It was nearly 6pm!!!!!
Now going to eat chocolate to make myself feel better.

No comments:

Post a Comment