As soon as I stepped foot in Tokyo in 2008, I knew I had caught the travelling bug. I decided I didn't just want to travel I wanted to experience the world! The different cultures, the people, the sites and most importantly (to me) the food!

Recently I have started to develop an interest in photography and hope to improve my skills while doing what I love most.

Welcome to my journey........

Wednesday 17 August 2011

Great Wall of China


OMFG! Was I hot today or what?????!!!!  Today I did a 4 hour hike up the Jinshanling part of the Great Wall of China. I’m pretty sure it was over 30 something degrees and it was humid!!!! I’m surprised everyone didn’t get heat stroke. Plus the bus journey was over 4 hours one way!!! >< 8 hours on a coach isn’t fun trust me. 

Our ‘breakfast’ was a something that tasted like pig burger from McDonalds and a coke. I just ate the bun……. So we didn’t get a lot of energy to start with. I actually brought 2 snickers bars but they melted so I put then in my fridge when I got back to the hotel. I’m actually eating the 2nd one now mwhwhahahaha.

We got cable cars to the Great wall which took 18 minutes (it seemed longer) and FYI I hate cable cars!!!! >< Jinshanling is quite old compared to parts that have been re-done. The steps are broken and steep (plus there are many). Some parts don’t have steps and the parts that do are very steep. For someone with short legs like me it’s hard work. Everyone was sweating even the people trying to sell stuff who are used to it. I have seriously never sweated so much in my life and I live in Korea!!!!








I ended up falling over on the way down, as going down is harder for me as the stairs are steep and I have no grip on my trainers. I got a nasty scratch so no dresses for me for a while.


I wouldn’t recommend this tour as it’s badly organised and our tour guides English was very low so no-one could understand her.  Plus there were loads of us and I prefer the small group tours.

No comments:

Post a Comment