As soon as I stepped foot in Tokyo in 2008, I knew I had caught the travelling bug. I decided I didn't just want to travel I wanted to experience the world! The different cultures, the people, the sites and most importantly (to me) the food!

Recently I have started to develop an interest in photography and hope to improve my skills while doing what I love most.

Welcome to my journey........

Sunday 14 August 2011

On my way to China....


On Friday night I still hadn’t packed for China!!! It’s so unlike me. I packed weeks before I came to Korea.  Anyways, I ended up finishing packing for China and cleaning my apartment by 11pm……

Luckily, Gimpo airport is on the same line as my apartment so it wasn’t too bad. The airport itself was so quiet! It is also in a weird location. It’s right in the middle of the city so you can see apartment buildings surrounding the airport.

I went with China Southern airlines, which was surprising good considering the reviews I have read about them. The food was a proper lunch (the flight was only 2 hours), which I was grateful for because I spent my time at the airport in duty free instead of getting food.  I actually thought we were going to crash as the plane was shaking and the seat belt sign was on throughout the whole journey. But that could be to do with the typhoon that is around China and Korea.

I will say this in the nicest was possible but Chinese older woman are worse than adjummas. Adjummas have some competition. They literally stand in front of the train doors here so you can’t get out. At one point I was walking out of the station up the stairs (on the exit side) and these Chinese older women started walking towards me and wouldn’t move and I swear they said something bad in Chinese. Now first it was my side of the stairs and I have to get passed them somehow (I can’t fly…) plus I had a suitcase!!!!

Finding my hotel was easy enough as I printed out maps before. I think finding my hotel in Shanghai will be a lot harder as it’s a long way from the subway station so I will probably get a cab. The hotel itself is ok. It’s clean and in a good location. The hotels here are a lot cheaper than the UK but then again most countries are cheaper than the UK.  Plus I have a king size bed! Yay!



After checking in I went for a walk and happened to come across a market.  On closer inspection I discovered it was Donghuamen market. There were stalls selling cooked starfish, scorpions and other things……. Some of the scorpions were still moving on the skewers.  I couldn’t stay too long in that area as the smell was so bad, as there was food going rotten in bins everywhere.






I ended up going for a walk in a small park near my hotel then to a restaurant for dinner. I liked it but I already miss Korean food ><

P.s I don’t think I could live in Beijing. Everywhere I go people are trying to sell me stuff or tours.

Tomorrow I will go on my first tour.

No comments:

Post a Comment