As soon as I stepped foot in Tokyo in 2008, I knew I had caught the travelling bug. I decided I didn't just want to travel I wanted to experience the world! The different cultures, the people, the sites and most importantly (to me) the food!

Recently I have started to develop an interest in photography and hope to improve my skills while doing what I love most.

Welcome to my journey........

Sunday 11 December 2011

13 sleeps until Christmas

I'm so in the Christmas spirit ^^ I've watched 6 Christmas movies so far and listened to the elf sound track so many times I could sing the songs at karaoke! I admit to feeling a bit homesick when I watched the British Christmas movies!!! >< But I will be home soon for vacation.

Next week the fifth graders are going to make Christmas cards!! :D yay!!

Today, I met with my friend for shabu shabu( like a hotpot). I love shabu shabu. I lived in Tokyo for 8 months and never discovered it even though it is a Japanese dish. Though I was so homesick in Japan as I hated most of the food. If I had discovered shabu shabu then I might of been ok. The shabu shabu soup  today was so delicious. The resturant is part of a chain. If you want to go it's at Jonggak station exit 4. Turn right straight away and go straight for one minute. It's on your left upstairs.


Shabu shabu

We ate too much!! I felt like a slug after but that didn't stop us from having hot chocos and doughtnuts after.... :P

After me and my friend parted ways I went shopping to Uniqlo. I went to the one just outside Myeongdong as I am not going near there at this time of the season. I could see Myeongdong from across the road at one point and it was crazy! I am so glad my friend told me where the other Uniqlo was. On my way I past the Lotte department store and it was all decorated for Christmas. I wish I could see it at night but I imagine it will be crazy then.



I ended up buying myself some jumpers from Uniqlo and Mango. I always buy myself presents at Christmas and even wrap them up. If you can't spoil yourself at Christmas, when can you? I also got myself the new Harry Potter DVD last week off Amazon. They are all now under my tree wrapped. I also got my gran and nan some jumpers from Uniqlo for when I go back. And last but not least I got myself some 'My beauty diary' mask'. As they are my favourite and they were all half price. I need a nap now...

No comments:

Post a Comment