As soon as I stepped foot in Tokyo in 2008, I knew I had caught the travelling bug. I decided I didn't just want to travel I wanted to experience the world! The different cultures, the people, the sites and most importantly (to me) the food!

Recently I have started to develop an interest in photography and hope to improve my skills while doing what I love most.

Welcome to my journey........

Monday 26 December 2011

Pointless SMOE trip.

On Friday, all teachers resigning with SMOE had to go on a day trip with SMOE. I heard there was left over budget or something so they decided to take us native English teachers on a trip. But seriously the trip was around Seoul to all the places we had aleady been. Korea is not that big so it would off been better to take us even a bit out of Seoul. It was also one of the coldest days so far in Korea (-10 degrees that morning!). Other teachers in my school were off or just cooking in the nice warm office!! :(

So needless to say I was grumpy in the morning! It didn't help that they made us go to meeting point at 9am but we didn't leave until 9.40!!! The first place was Changdeokgung palace. Due to already the fact most of us had already been there, we were not the most happy bunch. Thankfully, I brought some handwarmers to keep me warm.







Next on the list was (I forgot the name!). I hadn't been there before so it was nice to see somewhere new but my feet were bloody freezing even through my boots and bedsocks! It was so cold that the lake had frozen over! Some crazy adjusshi decided to show off for us waygooks and ended up falling over the rope on the way out. He left rather red faced with his mates laughing haha!

Crazy adjusshi





kimchi fridge




The rest of the tour went quickly thankfully! 2 people escaped around this point but I think they were called back later on haha.

We then went to a tradtional resturant. I heard of a co-worker that this place is quite expensive so we were luckly to go there. The bibimbap there was delicious. It was the highlight of the trip. Plus, I spoke to 2 guys who have been here 2 years and were made to go on this trip. It made me feel less sorry for myself and also worry for next year ><.


After lunch we went to the teddy bear museum which was bizarre. It had 2 sections, old Korea and new Korea.






Namsam tower was the same as always. We were set free after where me and a friend went for some Christmas drinks and cake. I am eating too much this month!





No comments:

Post a Comment