As soon as I stepped foot in Tokyo in 2008, I knew I had caught the travelling bug. I decided I didn't just want to travel I wanted to experience the world! The different cultures, the people, the sites and most importantly (to me) the food!

Recently I have started to develop an interest in photography and hope to improve my skills while doing what I love most.

Welcome to my journey........

Wednesday 30 May 2012

Seoul Lantern Parade - May 2012

Lantern parade May 2012
Two weeks ago, Paul and I went to the lantern parade in Seoul. It wasn't actually as busy as I thought it was going to be. We got a spot standing behind some seats so we got a clear view. The best spot was at Jongak station as it was where the celebrations were taking place afterwards. We did not go to this as we got bored an hour or two into the parade because it was all very similar after a while. Plus some of the older generation kept pushing Paul further and further back. If they wanted a good seat they should of come earlier like everyone else. One tried to push me but I push right back! They are not cute old ladies here and I will tell you why in a later blog about my trip to Chuncheon. Actually, when we left I could see some people pushing for the space.
Lantern parade May 2012
Anyways, the parade itself is good but nothing great. They had some people in normal clothes which was pretty boring. My favorite bit was these children in tradtional clothes dancing. Soooo cute!!! I am glad I have managed to go once though during my time here. I missed it last year as I was at a temple stay.

Here are the pictures!! ^^



Lantern parade May 2012

Lantern parade May 2012

Lantern parade May 2012

Lantern parade May 2012

Lantern parade May 2012

Lantern parade May 2012

Lantern parade May 2012

Lantern parade May 2012

Lantern parade May 2012

Lantern parade May 2012

Lantern parade May 2012

Lantern parade May 2012

Lantern parade May 2012

Lantern parade May 2012

Lantern parade May 2012

Lantern parade May 2012

Lantern parade May 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment