As soon as I stepped foot in Tokyo in 2008, I knew I had caught the travelling bug. I decided I didn't just want to travel I wanted to experience the world! The different cultures, the people, the sites and most importantly (to me) the food!

Recently I have started to develop an interest in photography and hope to improve my skills while doing what I love most.

Welcome to my journey........

Wednesday 23 May 2012

WINK Trip- Part 3 - Overnight at Nagan folk village.

Nagan folk village
We left the expo at 10.30 and arrived at Nagan folk village after 11pm. By this point no-one was speaking, as we were all that tired from being awake for nearly 30+ hours. We followed William (WINK leader) to a street where some adjummas took up to different houses. We followed one adjummas to a tiny room where 4 of us were supposed to sleep! It was so small that we were all practically spooning. But the host turned the floor heating on so we all fell asleep straight away.....




4 of us slept here.
The next morning, I woke up early as some adjusshi at the temple next door were talking loudly. After showering and eating a muffin, I went to have a look around. Nagan is so beautiful. It really is a real traditional village and not a fake one like you always see in Korea. It was a beautiful day (maybe this was just because I had sleep that everything seemed perfect). I walked along the fortress that surrounded the village. It was a really beautiful walk. I am going to say beautiful a lot during this blog entry and my next entry haha. Everyone was calm and the air was fresh. On the other side of the wall were hugh mountains and green fields. I really love this area as it is stunning and everyone was so friendly. Plus it was early in the morning so it wasn't too busy.

Our homestay ^^
We left the area a bit later as some people were complaining they got up late and had not seen the area. We got on the bus at 10.45am and the annoying couple (the girl complained and made bitchy comments about everyone during the trip) stole our seats and threw away my water! There were no shops, so I was soooooooooooo pissed!

Anyways off to the last part of the trip ^^



Nagan


Cookie elf tree ^^

Nagan

The girl right at the top wore 6 inch wedges and ended up falling over....Fool!

At Nagan

View of Nagan from the fortress

Adjumma parade

Nagan


Beautiful flowers

Giant swings

At a pottery shop

Traditional Korean pottery

Nagan

Nagan

No comments:

Post a Comment