As soon as I stepped foot in Tokyo in 2008, I knew I had caught the travelling bug. I decided I didn't just want to travel I wanted to experience the world! The different cultures, the people, the sites and most importantly (to me) the food!

Recently I have started to develop an interest in photography and hope to improve my skills while doing what I love most.

Welcome to my journey........

Friday 18 May 2012

WINK trip - Part 1 - Hyang Il am Temple

Walking up
Me and my friend decided to book a trip through WINK (When in Korea) on facebook. It was 105,000won for a trip to Hyang Il am Temple, Yeosu world expo 2012, Nagan folk village and the green tea fields. We also paid 15,000 extra to do the green tea experience.

We got on the bus Friday night as we were travelling overnight. I had a lunch box made for me full of all my favourite foods. This kept me and Sarah full. The bus left about 11.15pm and we had to be up at 4am for the temple, but the guy in charge wanted us to introduce ourselves. Seriously! Couldn't this wait until the morning. I just pretended to be asleep as no-one would remeber the names and countries of 47 other people by the next morning.

The journey there was uneventful, but the bus was bloody freezing. I was actually sick this week and I blame this. They turned the heating on when we arrived at the temple to full blast. Couldn't they have just kept it at a medium temp throughout the night. I really hate being cold, so that put me in a foul mood from the start.

We arrived at the temple at 4ish, but we didn't go up until a bit later. Luckly, I woke up and saw people leaving as they never told us it was time to go up.

On the way up we saw a cat and a dog.The cat sounded like the "Oh, long Johnson!" cat from South Park haha. The temple itself is up a mini hike. It was too dark to get any decent photos.

By the time we arrived at the top the sun was just rising but the weather was not clear. The temple itself is really unique. It has many passage ways and small tunnels. I think I would of enjoyed it more if I had stayed at a hotel near that location and woken up with a few hours sleep.

We were only there for a bit before we decided to go back to sleep on the bus.




Sunrise at Hyang Il am temple

Hyang Il am temple


Laterns



Korean fishing village

No comments:

Post a Comment