As soon as I stepped foot in Tokyo in 2008, I knew I had caught the travelling bug. I decided I didn't just want to travel I wanted to experience the world! The different cultures, the people, the sites and most importantly (to me) the food!

Recently I have started to develop an interest in photography and hope to improve my skills while doing what I love most.

Welcome to my journey........

Tuesday 22 May 2012

Wink trip - Part 2 - Yeosu World Expo 2012

After Hyang Temple, we went up the coast line to the world expo. The views along the coast were beautiful. I would love to just ride a bike along there. The journey was ruined by this girl going on and on about losing her phone.
With the expo 2012 mascots
We were told nothing about the expo by WINK. They had told us to go on the website, but for someone who has never been to a world expo, I was clueless on the website. We got an English leaflet from the Expo. This had a small bit of information about each expo. It had no times of parades and different festivals, so we only found stuff by accident.

 I can tell you now before you carry on reading, this blog is not a postive review of the Yeosu world expo. I was lucky as my friend can speak Korean but if I was alone I would of been lost. No-one speaks English... Only Korean and it is supposed to be a world expo. There was hardly any foreigners. I think this is due to the fact you have to go to the nearest city to the expo to get the transit bus. The nearest city has no direct trains from Seoul or Busan so you would have to take a bus which is confusing.

Adjummas queuing!! Shock! Horror!!
I am glad the hardly any foreigners went as I love Korea, but this expo gave a really bad impression of Korea.I have been here over a year but my day at the expo was my worse in Korea. The food was terrible. I had a soup which cost 12,000won but was just 5 noodles and a bit of mushroom. It tasted like water. Also, the adjummas were in full force. The pushed in queues. The pushed your backs so that they were practically on top of you. They were just plain rude. Me and my friend complained loudly at one point at this adjumma who was trying to push in. Her daughter told her she was being rude and she just said she didn't care. I have never been so angry or just plain fed up.

The expo itself was really nice if they had more information about each expo and they hired people who spoke different languages (WORLD EXPO!!).

Yeosu World Expo 2012
Another bit that got me angry was the tickets. There are a few main expos and you can only visit 2 before 6pm so you have to book tickets. We got 10-11pm for the aquarium. OMG! The queue was for miles at that time. They must of given away too many tickets. Stupid!!

The best bit was the robot expo. It was cool but we were tired at angry by this point so we just gave up. There was robot football and dancing robots (I will upload this on youtube at some point).

There was only 4 other good bits. The Chinese show, the comedy magic show, the Singapore expo and going with Sarah ^^ haha.

Aquarium
The worse bit was queuing up for a expo not knowing what it was. This was because there are no signs in English and the information in the leaflet is 2 sentences. After being pushed for over a hour by an adjumma in the queue we finally got in. The funny bit was when me and Sarah got in with the next group, but they stopped the adjumma as they had enough people. Being an adjumma, she tried to make a run for it across the barrier so they had to hold her back!! mwhahaha!!

There was also a "firework" display which had no fireworks but only laser beams. Crap!


Aquarium

There was a parade at one point by it was so disorganised that the people in the parade stopped half way through and were asking what they were supposed to be doing. The whole thing was embarrassing to watch to be honest.

I wouldn't go back to a world expo held in Korea but I would love to explore the Yeosu area more as it is so beautiful and so calm.




Scary giant puppet

Scary giant puppet

Chinese show

Comedy magic

Dancers

Yeosu World Expo 2012

Robots!!

Scary robot!

Robot football

Fell over!

K pop dancing robots

Robot

Just plain weird presentation.

Robot fish

Robot fish

No comments:

Post a Comment