As soon as I stepped foot in Tokyo in 2008, I knew I had caught the travelling bug. I decided I didn't just want to travel I wanted to experience the world! The different cultures, the people, the sites and most importantly (to me) the food!

Recently I have started to develop an interest in photography and hope to improve my skills while doing what I love most.

Welcome to my journey........

Monday 20 August 2012

Jeju Olle. Route 6.

On Friday morning we planned to do the Olle walk. We caught a taxi from our hotel which cost about 10,000. We started at the Soesokkak estuary. People there wer taking ride in the Teu boats but we didn't have enough time. The water in the river was a beautiful colour.

Soesokkak estuary

Tau boat
We then started walking along the coast. There are so many beautiful statues and the coast itself is so beautiful. It had gently started raining but it is so hot in August we were glad to be cooled down.

During the route, you pass through many beautiful coastal fishing villages.


Jeju Olle

Jeju Olle
 
Jeju Olle

Jeju Olle


 You have to follow ribbons and arrows painted on walls during the hike. It is really easy to follow. Sadly for us the rain got harder and harder. At one point a road turned into a river. Drivers over here are not nice. Normal people would slow down but over here they speed through puddles (or the river) so walkers got even drenched. I was worried about my camera most of all.

My mum still had jet lag!

Jeju Olle

Should of used that boat!



Some parts are up hills. If you are tired, you can skip them and go around. We didn't sadly. There isn't much to see up there for the effort it takes.

Jeju Olle


I would recommend going in pairs or in groups. Lots of the area is in wooded areas so it can be unsafe for solo female travellers. One woman got murdered on route 1 a few weeks ago.

We saw two waterfalls along this route one being the famous Jeongbang Falls. Sadly, we didn't finish this route as my mum was over tired by this point and we were wet through, so we got a taxi back to the hotel. I recommend doing an Olle route whilst in Jeju. You get to see the small villages and scenery that you would not otherwise see.


Dead on her feet

Wet through by this point

Jeongbang Falls


Jeongbang Falls

Jeongbang Falls


Jeju Olle

Jeju Olle

Jeju Olle

No comments:

Post a Comment