As soon as I stepped foot in Tokyo in 2008, I knew I had caught the travelling bug. I decided I didn't just want to travel I wanted to experience the world! The different cultures, the people, the sites and most importantly (to me) the food!

Recently I have started to develop an interest in photography and hope to improve my skills while doing what I love most.

Welcome to my journey........

Tuesday 15 March 2011

Every foreigner gets sick when they first come to Korea….

….and it turned out true for me. Today I woke up at 4:30 with my throat burning and itching. I thought maybe it was the yellow dust cloud from yesterday, so I’ll just take some halls to sooth me throat throughout the day. But things are never so simple in my life…
1st period –  throat burning.
 2nd period –I started getting the shivers.
3rd period – ‘Why is it so cold???’
4th period – ‘I need my bed!’
5th period – ‘why is the room spinning and why is it so cold?’
Then I had to wait 3 hours to go home!! And today of all days I had to go to a teachers meeting in which they talked for 1 hour in Korean. I was half dead by the time I got to my apartment and I slept for 11 hours that night.
On Wednesday, I had got worse and could only do part of the lesson before my co-teacher took over. She then took me to the school nurse who gave me some traditional Korean medicine, which is full of boiled herbs etc. I had to drink the whole bottle and they were all laughing at me gagging as I drank it.  I went out with Kao that night for dinner as I had to eat and I have nothing in my apartment. I was home by 7.30pm and fell asleep straight away. Woke up at 11:30 as my neighbour brought his noisy girlfriend back and she is just as noisy during sex as she is when she is laughing….My neighbour is either a sex god or she is a loud faker (think of the ‘when Harry met Sally’ scene in the café).
Thursday was the worse day. I couldn’t say one word and I just felt like curling up and crying. I couldn’t eat anything and my throat hurt much. I got sent to the teachers lounge were I slept all morning before being sent home around 2pm. I fell asleep until 6.30pm and popped out to see if I could eat anything (I couldn’t). I feel like I’ve been ill forever!!! Also started taking the ‘Lemsip max capsules’ I brought with me instead of what the Korean nurse gave me.
Friday - I have taken the day off as the school told me to stay off if I still can’t talk. I don’t feel so feverish today (thanks ‘Lemsip max capsules’). I can’t stop coughing and I have a runny nose but I’m seeing this as a good thing as it means by body is fighting off whatever I have.
Saturday!! – I think I can eat at last!! I’m sure I can feel my bones poking out after 2 days of not eating -_- O well it may be a sexy look in Korea but not where I’m from, so I’m going to drink my banana milk I’ve been saving :p I just wish this runny nose and cough would go now as I don’t want a Rudolf nose.

No comments:

Post a Comment