As soon as I stepped foot in Tokyo in 2008, I knew I had caught the travelling bug. I decided I didn't just want to travel I wanted to experience the world! The different cultures, the people, the sites and most importantly (to me) the food!

Recently I have started to develop an interest in photography and hope to improve my skills while doing what I love most.

Welcome to my journey........

Saturday 5 March 2011

Finally I can sleep!

Woke up at 9:30am! Was so nice to have a lie in and not worry about anything. Spent the day doing laundry and catching up with this blog as I hadn’t written anything for 5 days!! Later on I met Leanne for dinner and shopping! <3 I love shopping!! But this shopping trip was essential as I needed some warm clothes as my classroom is freezing. We went to Hyehwa for dinner which was grilled pork (you cook it yourself over hot coals!), I love this style of dining J. I also tried the famous beer and grilled pork combo but I can’t make myself like beer (even if the Korean beer is very weak).
We then went shopping to Dongdaemun. I got two jumpers for 24,000 won which is about £12-14 pounds. I then got a scarf, a phone charm (the shopkeeper gave me a candy – everyone keeps giving me food it’s ace!) and some tights. We went to the more expensive (normal price in the UK) department store over the road. I got a black jumper for work (28,000 won - £13-15), a pink dress (55,000 won - £26-28) and a jacket to match my new dress (78,000 won - £38-40). I was surprised how much I got for my money and I haven’t even shopped at the markets yet!
On Sunday, I went to Homeplus again. This mostly was to get out the apartment. It took me so long (well over 1 hour) to get the ingredients for my beef and tomato soup and that was with my English-Korean dictionary on my phone. I also got some cleaning products and spent the evening scrubbing my kitchen. The apartment was clean-ish when I arrived, but it was, as my mum calls it ‘a daddy clean’.  This means it looks clean but if you look closer you see all the dirt etc. And don’t mention the stove! Covered in grease and oil that looks like it’s been left there for a year. It took me about 40 minutes to clean the bloody thing! I’ve still got to get a brush and mop one day but I might leave it until payday as I get a discount with my Korean bankcard.

No comments:

Post a Comment