As soon as I stepped foot in Tokyo in 2008, I knew I had caught the travelling bug. I decided I didn't just want to travel I wanted to experience the world! The different cultures, the people, the sites and most importantly (to me) the food!

Recently I have started to develop an interest in photography and hope to improve my skills while doing what I love most.

Welcome to my journey........

Tuesday 1 March 2011

Day 8 Orientation – Presentation day!

Today we presented our lesson plan and got feedback. Today of all days, I had to lose my voice! Typical! My ears are also blocked! The presentation went ok, we forgot our lines at the beginning but 5 minutes in we got a lot better. I was told to speak louder during the feedback (I know what you’re thinking! Laura quiet? Crazy!).

After all the presentations were finished we got told where we were going and what grade. We got a piece of paper in Korean, so we still had no idea where we were going. Our teacher pointed to the map of Seoul but just said around this area (she pointed to a section that was about 1/5 of Seoul). So after all that, all I knew was that I was on bus 1 and going to teach elementary.  We got our bank cards and medical checks during the last lesson. I am healthy! Yay!! I think 2 people got sent home for having drugs in there system. Remember kids! Don’t do drugs!
We had our farewell dinner at an ‘all you can eat Japanese sushi restaurant’. It was so busy and everyone was spread out so it didn’t feel like a group farewell meal but the food was so good! Two thumbs up. After the meal (we were only there for thirty minutes as it was so busy), we went to a bar for a few drinks then back to the orientation site to take our suitcases downstairs. We then went to karaoke. I actually sang! I am tone deaf so I apologise to everyone who was there.

No comments:

Post a Comment